The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Earn This, Proverbs 4


"Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you."

Proverbs 4:6

Life is a waging war. In John Eldredge's book "Epic", he reveals that humanity is at war with evil and we have entered the scene of a fallen world in the midst of the chaos and danger. We have been protected and isolated from the ravages of destruction; although, it is never really far away (just watch the news on any given day).

We have been blessed with plenty and the protection of the hand of God. I pray over my children daily that they would be spared a life without freedom and safety. I pray that they will make good decisions and always be under the protection of the almighty. If there is a waging war in our midst, are we equipped to fight it? Will we earn what others have already sacrificed?


"Saving Private Ryan" Normandy Cemetery Scene

Proverbs 4:14 - "Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men."

Have you ever walked in the path of the wicked? I know my sins have been forgiven, but I do get flashes from the past that remind me, just how easy it is to sin. I wish I could take all of the pain away and do the right thing, but time has passed and the only thing I can do is work to avoid similar situations in the future. We are so innocent in our own eyes, we are oblivious at times to the hurt we cause in others. Our natural propensity is to see ourselves in a good light.

According to Solomon, even a righteous man sins against God and he warns about being too righteous and risk destroying one's self (Ecclesiastes 7:16).

"The man who fears God will avoid all extremes."

Ecclesiastes 7:18


Life is a balance.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: