The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Friday, January 9, 2009

1.8.09 At Wisdom's Door, Proverbs 8


"Does not wisdom call out?"

Proverbs 8:1

"Wise Solomon" painting by Lars Justinen

The more I read Proverbs, the more I realize what a fool I have been most of my life. It is a shocking look in the mirror, but the image is getting better with each dedicated day of focus (or at least I think I am making the wise choice to to invest time on this travel). I love this photo of Solomon. It just radiates the fullness of Solomon's journey with Wisdom, a blessed life, a continual learning, and hearing from God.

As I was reading Proverbs 8, I felt close to discovering something very powerful that I could apply to my life. I wanted to follow Wisdom at the door and was curious and hungry to know what God wanted me to do, to learn, to experience, to trust him for today.

The "Message" translation of Proverbs 8 is very vibrant, proving that wisdom is the giver of life. An abundant life, offering substantial honor, wholesome talk, and great counsel. Our lives are so orchestrated to give us maximum opportunity to make an impact in the world. What are you most excited about today? What is God doing in your life that you can brag about? Boast on the Lord today!


"The Solomon Portfolio" with Pat Roberts and Robert Katz, CPA

Proverbs 8:18 - "With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity."

One t rillion dollars is about to hit our economy. Yikes! That is a lot of enchiladas. What is your outlook on the economy? What financial wisdom do you need today and coming weeks, months, years, and decades?



On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: