The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Bargain, Proverbs 20


"The shopper says, 'That's junk—I'll take it off your hands,' then goes off boasting of the bargain."

Proverbs 20:14


My mother is a shrewd negotiator. She loves to shop at boutiques and will only pay what she thinks something is worth, which is usually way below what the seller thinks it is worth. Somehow, she winds up getting her way.

This verse is a great reminder. If someone is talking really bad about something you are selling them, then they may really value it. Maybe it is wise to stick to your guns and sell it for what you think it is worth or more.


"Spiritually Immature People Seek Revenge"

Proverbs 20:22 - "Don't ever say, 'I'll get you for that!' Wait for God; he'll settle the score."

Are you a revenge seeker? I've never said this to anyone that I can recall, but I must admit that I may have wished that God would zap a few people. Thankfully, he hasn't listened to me in my flashes of anger against another. We must look to the future and understand that God is working in each of our lives. So, if someone harms you, it may be tough, but we must forgive. Sure there are times when justice must prevail and your legal rights may need to be enforced. Seek counsel in those instances, but most things that happen to us don't require action, only forgiveness.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: