The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Thursday, January 22, 2009

1.21.09 The Plan, Proverbs 21


"Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind."

Proverbs 21:5

"The Thinker" by Auguste Rodin

Are you a planner? I wish I were a better planner. I have been more of a "visionary." In essence, I have a clear scene in my mind that I know can happen and I move towards that picture. Fortunately, the steps have been directed by God (although I am not always obedient).

I haven't achieved everything that I have put to my mind, but I have seen many accomplishments in my life; because of my trust in the Lord. I never believed I would be alive this long (I am 43 now). As a youth, I was a free spirit and wandered where my soul led. God intervened in my life at age 17 and changed me (althought I am still a work in progress).

I don't really plan my days well, I really rely on where God wants to go for the day. I am very methodic and diligent in what I do, but it seems like God is the driver and he allows me to play a role in some really cool things. I enjoy my work and the Lord lets me meet people who are better planners than I and offer them a piece to the puzzle they have been seeking that allows them to accelerate their plans.

A lot of my plans are bigger than even I think is possible, but God shows me that with him all things are possible. I am a dreamer and a doer. I place no limits on what God can do and will do in my life. Do you limit God?


"Facing the Giants" song by Casting Crowns

Proverbs 21:31 - "Do your best, prepare for the worst—then trust God to bring victory."

Wise words. We never know what will work out in our plans. We just know that we are to do. Have you had a victory in your life lately? Are you seeking a victory? Imagine what that day will look like for you and your family and ask God to bring the victory. Hunger for his presence in your life and your days will be victorious. Do your best.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: