The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.19.09 Lift the Fork, Proverbs 19


"Some people dig a fork into the pie but are too lazy to raise it to their mouth."

Proverbs 19:24

Ever heard the old saying "I'll take a stab at it" or "I'll try"? This is the same thing as the verse above. These are people who put forth just enough effort, but don't complete the task at hand. I have been guilty of this myself, but am working harder and harder at completing the job. When I hear someone tell me they are going to "try," I know they aren't.

I have a hard time with people who rarely return calls or reply to e-mails that concern them. So many people cost themselves opportunities. It is rampant!

I was challenged by a business owner I respect who asked me to be sure and remind people to capitalize on their opportunities fully. So, I have written and talked about this subject in the media. "Lifting the fork" could be as simple as calling a few people back. Speaking of, I have some phone calls to make and a few e-mails to reply to.


"Rudeness"

Proverbs 19:29 - "The irreverent have to learn reverence the hard way; only a slap in the face brings fools to attention."

Know any rude people? I've been rude on occasions and I have to repent in those instances. We sometimes call it having a "sense of humor." Sure we should be willing to laugh at ourselves, but laughing at others won't get us very far.

My wife and stopped into a wine business in Fredricksburg, TX and the lady behind the bar was really short and rude with people. She seemed very unhappy to be serving her customers and it looked like she was the owner. She poured quickly and avoided small talk with her clients. We actually saw her get very argumentative with a couple. The lady wine taster, was so upset by the barkeep's demeanor that she walked out. The snobbish bar tender kept herself entertained with the flury of people who popped in, but we could sense that she probably won't have her business for very long. Word of mouth travels fast.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: