The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wise Heart, Proverbs 16


"A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction."

Proverbs 16:23



I don't know if I have a wise heart, but I want one desperately. I want to deal with people justly, to make the right decisions, to have a life that is blessed, and to help those who can't help themselves or who need the right advice and counsel. I like to be counted as trustworthy, gracious, thoughtful, considerate, and reliable. In a world of judgment, we often make decision too quickly and categorize people instantly. I have been guilty of this and have had it done to me. I have found that when I have made judgments about people, I have been wrong. In what sounds like a "Yogism" - "You never get to know people, until you get to know them", I have met some of the greatest contacts through the less likliest people.

It is better to value people, get to know them, and undertsand their needs, concerns, and personal life challenges. Honest interest in people opens doors for you and them.


"Why I do what I do" with Guy Kawasaki

Proverbs 16:19 - "Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud."

Sharing plunder is the act of taking from others what is not rightly deserved. The oppressed suffer the loss, but realize that God is in control and justice will prevail. This happens everyday around the world. The proud may boast in their limited victory, but judgment is just around the corner. Bad things happen to good people and when bad things happen, this makes us realize just how much we need God. When you got nothing, you still have God, and he takes you into a secret place that fortifies. He is our victor. A temporary loss is just that.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: