The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Misfortune, Proverbs 13


"Misfortune pursues the sinner, but prosperity is the reward of the righteous."

Proverbs 13:21

"Misfortune Cookie"

With the economy in criss, many are being humbled right about now. Layoffs, stock portfolio crashes, political turmoil, crazy weather and natural disasters, and institutional collapses seem to be the news of the day. In fact, you may feel like you are a target. Well you just might be.

The enemy has his sights on you and you are wide open. Ever felt that way? I have. Fortunately, I have the ultimate "OnStar" device, "GPS" locator, and "Blackberry" that reaches around the world and across the unknown universe. This resource gets my "Twitter" updates in nano-seconds. In fact, he already knows my plight before I do. He is my force field!

So, when you may be feeling like you aren't that important. It may be passed time to call on the almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth. The journey may be a little tough and you may have to do a little "relationship building", but he already knows your situation and knows what it is going to take to get you on the righteous path. It requires a little humility, but hey you aren't the only one being humbled in these times.


"Humility Linebacker"


Proverbs 13:14 - "The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death."

I need more wise advisors. I value the key relationships I have garnered over the years. I am building my network of trusted friends in business and in life that I can just let it all hang out. They inspire me and I hope I inspire them. Reached out to a guy to wish him a happy birthday and he replied that he was "glad to be alive." I could have missed something here.

I shared a story about my cousin Richard Valadez (43) who had just received a much waited heart transplant. This guy replied that he had just had 3 heart attacks himself and was bouncing back remarkably. Well, I have been fortunate to have caring family who have insisted on me having check ups and thankfully my docs have done a great job advising me on my family history and preventative measures. God is good and he will keep us from harm if we will just be sensitive to the clues that abound. I am very thankful that my buddy and my cousin have a new lease on life. God is gracious to extend our lives.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: