The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Struggle of Righteousness, Proverbs 2


"For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; . . ."

Proverbs 2:22

"Soul Struggle" by Frank Picini

To be righteous is to be set free from the pull of unrighteousness. The struggle is the daily battle to win this tug of unholiness on our lives. Fortunately, that battle has been won by Jesus Christ and as Christians we go through our own sanctification process. We enter into divine protection and guidance under the holy spirit. It is easy to claim to be righteous, but to live it out is more difficult.

As I study Proverbs, I am confronted with my past and my current life situation. I realize what a fool I have been. There is a struggle to dig in deeper with God and to seek his discipline, training, and to continue on the journey of discovery. I remember my 2 year training stint in karate. Each day of training was a commitment, the sessions were often very physically challenging and the discipline focus was demanded. However, each belt award was a reward for that patience and also a recognition of wisdom and knowledge attained. How much so in the gradation of the kingdom of God and our spiritual journey? What color belt are you? I am probably still at white belt (a beginner).

My heart's desire is to sever that which binds me to the past, to be set free from the things that have restricted my effectiveness for the kingdom. The lessons I failed to learn then, I hope to correct in the future.


"Be Strong and Courageous" with Todd Phillip (BlueFishTV)

Proverbs 2:6 -"For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

Our struggles are not fruitless. The Lord is preparing us for greater things and bigger battles. We must do our part to be ready. There are many examples that we can learn from in business, in war, and in life. It is amazing to me how happenstances guide our curiousity. One thing leads us to a new discovery and a prompting to a new exploration. We must ask God for wisdom daily, beg him, and hang on to him. He will reveal it. Stay close to him and endure the struggle to become righteous.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: