The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Friday, December 5, 2008

All Tied Up, Proverbs 5


"The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast."

Proverbs 5:22


Do you feel all tied up? Things just not going your way? I know I sometimes feel that way, but then something miraculous happens. The Lord sets me loose and I run. Sin can bind us up forever if we don't confess it or repent. I am strong believer in "Pray Until Something Happens" - P.U.S.H.

We are engaged in a battle on this earth. The battle takes many forms for men. We work hard, come home, zone out and live by remote control. We have been sidelined. Others get caught up in extra-marital affairs and they are side-lined. Many get involved in drugs and they are sidelined. When you become active in the Kingdom, then you become dangerous and a target to be sidelined. By grace we are set free and we need prayer more than ever to keep us free from the ties that bind. "Do you have what it takes?"


"Do I Have What It Takes?" a discussion with John Eldredge "Wild at Heart"

Proverbs 5:20 - "Why be captivated my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife."

Dangerous territory indeed. Just finished reading "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arteburn. In it cites the verse that has kept him from sin "I have made a covenant with my eyes" spoken by Job. When danger lurks, he has learned to "bounce" his eyes away from what has captured his eye. This training has enabled him to protect his marriage and keep his love for his wife vibrant.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: