The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Passion, Proverbs 8


"Listen, for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right."

Proverbs 8:6

Our hearts are naturally hard. Are you sentimental? Do you cry easily? My young daughters break my heart. They can cry at the drop of a hat. When the water works start, daddy has to bring on the compassion and understanding. I have to deny myself and meet them where they are, until all is well. I relish in their sensitivity and wish I was as tender when it comes to people, the needs of the Kingdom, and my service to the Church.

Are you passionate about the things of God? I enjoy the moments when I feel like my motives are pure, that God is leading me to the next blessing, and my heart is yearning for his instruction. I just want to drop what I am doing, lift my hands in prayer, and soak in what he is speaking to my soul.

When those moments happen, I can't wait to execute the word he has given me, to act on that small whisper, before I lose touch, forget, or lose my nerve. My pastor says we were "made to worship." We will worship something or somebody. Worship is the passion of life. When our passion is focused on the things of God, we enter the miracle zone. How do you know when God is speaking to you?


"Amazing Grace" from the movie "Amazing Grace"

Proverbs 8:35 - "Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway."

What are you waiting for? What is worth the wait? What are you listenting too? Who are you listening too? Our relationship with wisdom is delicate. We must bear in, seek out her voice, and seek her out. We have many decisions to make on this Earth. We make many without giving thought as to the impact on the Kingdom, our families, and our lives. Fortunately, we have "grace" that covers our mistakes. This grace spurs us on to do greater things and to give grace to others. We are living in a time of forgiveness, we have to forgive and move on. Connect with those moving in the faith and push forward.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: