The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Friday, November 14, 2008

Pearl of Wisdom, Proverbs 14


"The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, . . ."

Proverbs 14:6

Wisdom Pearl by Richard A. Waters

I occasionally enjoy eating raw oysters. I once found a small pearl in one my oysters to my amazement. Pearls are made from an irritation. A grain of sand gets caught in the oyster's skin (so to speak) and it begins to excrete "mother of pearl" (I am sure there is a scientific name for this process, but I don't know it) over the sand grain until a pearl is formed.

We have heard of the "school of hard knocks". Similarly, wisdom may come at a great price. Many may have a string of "wisdom pearls".


"Holy, Holy" by Paul Wilbur


Proverbs 14:5 - ". . . but knowledge comes easily to the discerning."

It is so easy to get distracted and head off on the wrong track. I find myself stopping and asking God if I am on the right road. I have to tell myself "It's time to pray" or I may ask "Am I doing the right thing here Lord?" or "What should I do Lord?". It is hard to ask for advice and sometimes harder to take it. We think we know everything (or at least I do to often). Still, others have their "tuner off" and you have to help them to discover the right answer. What is the balance and how do we get to the pearl?

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: