The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Monday, November 17, 2008

11.16.08 Faith Under Fire, Proverbs 16


"A violent man entices his neigbor, and leads him down a path that is not good."

Proverbs 16:29

From the movie "End of the Spear"

Chance are you and I have never had to test our faith like many who have gone before us. Many of these faith stories are truly inspiring. To have such faith requires sacrifice and a shedding of our own will and agenda (that is really difficult). To be truly righteous is a life's work.

When reading Proverbs, I find that I have to place myself at a point of desparation. Placing myself in the shoes of others or visualizing a time of great need. Actor/evangelist Kirk Cameron likens it to "lion's den faith". Fervant prayer avails much.

I do recall watching the movie "End of the Spear". A movie about missionaries who chose to lay down their life for their faith. They had weapons to protect themselves, but they chose to reach out to a warrior tribe and died in their obedience to Christ. Their blood sacrifice led to an open door to reach this tribe forever.

Now, I am a former Marine and my inclination is to "lock and load" on target when facing dangerous people. It is hard for me to imagine, the faith it takes to trust in the Lord for the outcome. Found this incredible story, where the outcome wasn't so bleak, but risky none the less.


The Story of Missionary E. P. Scott, "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name"

Proverbs 16:6 - "Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil."

To be faithful is to be in constant communication with our father. I often find myself second guessing my actions. Did I make the right choice? What is the eternal impact of decisions I will be making? Lord help me to make the right choice. How can we avoid evil? The Lord says to fear him. To love and to be faithful.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: