The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Future, Proverbs 27


"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."

Proverbs 27:1

I am a dreamer. I can almost see the life I want to build for my family and that really motivates me today, to do the things that may not make sense to others. Most of the people I know are hopeful about their future. However, it is easy to be so pre-ocuppied with tomorrow that we get "boastful" about our future exploits. That is a danger warned about in this verse. Plans change and people change over time. Doors open and doors close.

Yes, I have fallen in the trap of being boastful about the future. When I look back, I see all of that wasted effort, energy, and trust in that particular future (fortunately God saves me from myself).

We are never promised one more day. Let the Lord guide your future. Enjoy the day today, work hard for your future, but stay grounded. Your future in reality, may not be so bright as you think. Life happens.


Part 1: "The Future"


Part 2: "The Future"


Final: "The Future

Proverbs 27:25 - "When the hay is removed and new growth appears and the grass from the hills is gathered in, the lambs will provide you with clothing, and the goats with the price of a field. You will have plenty of goats milk to feed you and your family and to nourish your servant girls."

This verse reminds us that we should plan for our future, but to be grounded in today. We should handle the details of the day with a realization that it does impact our choices for the future. Sometimes it looks like life is menial, but one thing leads to another. I enjoy "vison casting" or visualizing a perfect future and dreaming big dreams, but realize that today is a gift, that there may not be a tomorrow. I have family or friends ask me about things 3-months out and I just tell them "I don't know, I am just trying to get through today." We to often are consumed about future events (some of the bad things that may never happen).

Matthew 6:34 - "Each day has enough trouble of its own."

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: