The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11.3.08 Sweet Sleep, Proverbs 3


" . . . when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet . . ."

Proverbs 3:24

I love to sleep. I can take a nap just about anytime during the day. I remember having the best sleep I ever had when I was about 11 years old. I had set-up a camping tent outside of our home and had been playing all day. The weather was looking gloomy and it started to rain. I went inside the tent and drifted off to sleep as the raindrops hit the tent. I could smell the canvass, nestled up in the blankets, and just listened to the rolling thunder, and the breeze of the wind. I fell asleep and awoke to the drizzling rain. I was at peace and just basked in my rest.

Are you tired today? Do you need a nap? Do you need sweet sleep? I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.


"God of Wonders" with Caedmon's Call

Proverbs 3:1 - "My son do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years."

Bad things do happen to good people. I have lost friends in their teens, 20's, and 30's. My own father died at age 56 of a rare liver cancer. I remember one of my buddies who died at age 15 in a car wreck, another high school friend died serving in the military at age 18, another whose heart exploded while training for the MS150 in his early 30's (leaving behind a beautiful family), and yet another who died of leukemia in his late 20's also leaving behind a young family. Unfortunately, in this fallen world, there is physical death for a season. However, we know that while the enemy brought death and destruction to our world, we do have an advocate.

We are never gauranteed one more day, but we have been given a guide for longevity and it is a prescription for the righteous life and we must not forget the after life. We have an eternity to think about. While many blame God for calamity, they forget about eternity. It ain't over when it's over.

Proverbs 3:8 - "This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

Seeking wisdom is like bringing nourshiment to your soul. I enjoy eating good, fresh fruits, nuts, fruit and vegetable juices, whole grains, delicous meats, vitamins, plenty of water, etc. God thought of everything when he made us. He brought nutrituion, the idea of rest, wisdom to nurture our souls, relationships, adventure, and exercise. Everything we need to live a healthy and full life.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: