The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Big Bang, Proverbs 8


"I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep."

Proverbs 8:27


The inquisitive mind of Albert Einstein led to the discovery of "The Big Bang Theory". Mr. Einstein, arguably the smartest man who ever lived, realized that there is a God. His journey of knowledge kept him in awe. He likened our place in history as a people who have been placed in a "giant library" surrounded by books in many languages. There must be an author, he deducted.


On Albert Einstein, BlueFish.TV

Proverbs 8:10 - "Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, . . ."

If given a choice, would you choose an ounce of silver or gold or a chance to learn something that would change your life forever in eternity? Gold recently traded at $735.25 an ounce, while silver traded for $10.13 in the American market. Similarly, let's raise the stakes and raise the amount to 100 ounces of silver or gold - that is 6.25 pounds of precious metal.

If you answered yes to the heavy metal, here is a little more information.

What if the gold was stolen? Also, by the way, by taking the gold or sliver, you also lose 10 years of your life. This verse teaches us to choose wisdom and knowledge over what seems to be valuable at the time.

Have you ever chosen financial gain over what God has planned for you? I know I have. Sadly, I recall choosing to work late and attend company gatherings over spending time with my newborn child. My wife handled the parenting details by herself. I missed out on special moments with my daughter that I will never regain. I wish I could turn the time back, but I can't. Fortunately, I have really focused on being involved in my children's spiritual growth and feel so blessed to have awaken from my mistake early (thank God).

Finally, Albert Einstein brought so much value to mankind through his scientific findings. In the end, faith is valuable to our Lord. I think he enjoys sharing his wisdom with us and doesn't want us to miss any opportunity he has planned for us.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: