The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Friday, October 31, 2008

The Woman of Proverbs, Proverbs 31


My wife and I have been married going on 21 years. It has taken me years to realize just how lucky I am to have found a Proverbs 31 woman. We met back in 1981 and I basically have taken my wife for granted. She was more like a friend for many years and I was oblivious about the ever increasing value of the dynamics of our marriage. The years get better and better (or at least I think so, I guess I better ask my wife to be sure we are on the same page).

We married in 1988, struggled through our first years of marriage in our first apartment together 550 miles from mom and dad. We both supported each other through college, our careers, and ultimately had our first two children in our thirties. Raising children together adds a whole new realm to the joy of a having a family.

Now, that things are kind of settling down, we realize the blessing that we have in each other and our new responsibilities. My wife has really dedicated herself over the years (without my knowledge) to be the woman in Proverbs 31 (and it shows). I love the last verse of this chapter.

I realize that their are many who have marital strife and divorce happens. I think a lot can be gained when we read Proverbs 31. My wife recently read Proverbs 31 for 31 days. I think it really helped us to zero in on what we are called to do as a team.

"Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

Proverbs 31:31



"The Woman of Proverbs"

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: