The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Monday, October 20, 2008

10.19.08 The Pursuit of Wealth, Proverbs 19

"Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind." - Snoop

When is it wise to pursue wealth? I have had my business since 1999 and love to see people succeed in their business. I enjoy reading about successful companies and the stories of incredible people who overcame to bring value to the population at large. Others villanize success, believing we should punish success through Government intervention, usually in the form of taxation and regulation. They see successful people as being "greedy", "arrogant", "selfish", etc.

Most succesful enterpreneurs are very dedicated to the details of their clients and offer something so unique, that they can't help but become a success. However, I have seen others who have financial success become terrible people, their lives come apart, or dig themselve into a huge financial hole. The recent stock market drops has most everyone with money invested, on edge. Why does God bless one with success and not others?

Are you struggling with the pursuit of wealth? I personally have not achieved the financial success that I have celebrated in others.

So, I have asked God about that. Well, he knows me better than myself and knows my heart. The answer probably lies within my nature to get ensnared in my own success. When I have had money in the past, I have not been the same person that I am when I am totally dependent on him. I admit that I have been rebellious and forsaken the Kingdom in those instances. I am thankful that God protects me from myself and makes me mindful of the long-haul, the future that he has planned for me and my family. I don't envy others. The Lord has given me the ability to hang out with the wealthy and poor alike and feel comforatable in either situation. I am thankful for that.

Given my personal situation, I do hope to have financial success one day. That hope is centered on being an instrument for the Kingdom. I don't know what that looks like now. It may not include the nice cars, big house(s), and exotic vacations (although I sure could use one). If you had all the money that you needed and more how would you invest it in the Kingdom? What would you do differently? If you have money now, what could you do today to further the Kingdom and grow your opportunities or integrate them into your business?


"Our God is an Awesome God" with Michael W. Smith

Proverbs 19:1 - "Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse."

Know any fools with money on the airwaves speaking foolishness? Know any good business people with money on the airwaves furthering the Kingdom (you may not hear them directly, but they are making an impact)? We will have to give an account for our words one day. It is a hard thing to take control of the tongue in an era of information and opinions. Speak blessings to those in your circle. Pray for a wise tongue.

Proverbs 19:3 - "Wealth bring's many friends, but a poor man's friend deserts him."

Our culture celebrates successful people. This message offers advice to the wealthy and the poor. When you are riding high, your friends are many, when you ride low those friends disappear. You even lose the one you thought was your real friend. What you have that is of value to anyone is what the Lord gives you in character, honor, and esteem. Are you wealthy in spirit?

Proverbs 19:8 - "He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers."

So what does it mean to prosper on Earth? When it gets down to it, our soul is all that we have. Have you ever heard someone tell you "I don't get it" or "I'm confused"? That usually means they aren't paying attention. To "get it" you have to seek it out, ask questions until you do "get it". Wisdom is about seeking it out, until we understand. What major issues are you dealing with today? Who can offer the best advice? Do you have any real friends you can call? Are they in your cell phone directory and can you call them 24/7? Can they call you anytime?

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: