The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Foundation, Proverbs 8

Wisdom

I watched the debate last night between John McCain and Barack Obama. Tom Brokaw asked a question from the internet that he prefaced as being "Zen like", "What don't you know and how will you learn it?"

This is wisdom's call. There is so much that we don't know and we may never learn it. Proverbs 8 is an open door to the past and the future. It is eloquent and beautiful in its invitation to all who seek it.

People in America and around the world are looking for answers in these perilous times. Financial markets are in a disarray. If you have time, read Ezekiel 7 (this may make some sense today).

People have a lot of questions about their future and its leaders seemed to have let them down. Why?

Wisdom has been foresaken. There are many leaders who claim to have the answers, but they may not. The conventional wisdom of the nation (the world) is being tested.

These verses stood out to me today:

Proverbs 8:4-6 "'To you, O men, I call out;' I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding. Listen, for I have worthy things to say: I open my lips to speak what is right."

Our truth detectors are on full alert. What is truth, what is right, how will we know? What we think we know may not be the truth? We are in an era of confusion, people don't know what and who to believe. Wisdom is calling out!

Proverbs 8:15-16 - "By me kings reign and rulers make laws that are just; by me princes govern, and all nobles who rule on earth."

Have we abandon wisdom? Are our leaders truly wise? Pray for wise kings, rulers, and nobles to rule the earth. They will rise.

Proverbs 8:22-25 - "'The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. . . .'"

Wisdom is the foundation. It has always been. It is our friend. We who seek it, will find it. We should never stop.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: