The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rawhide, Proverbs 14


"No cattle, no crops; a good harvest requires a strong ox for the plow."

Proverbs 14:4

I am building an infrastructure for my business. I'm no cowboy, but this verse appeals to me, because it tells me I need to have cattle and a strong ox to get my businesss objectives complete. Cattle represent revenue opportunities as do crops, not to mention the food and substance for a the owner and his family. The ox are the hard workers that leverage one's own strength. So, I am praying and looking for oxen. I have plenty of business opportunities and lot's of seeds planted and as result a pending crop. The one thing I am missing is excellent and skilled labor. He will provide.


"The gullible cowboy."

Proverbs 14:15 - "The gullible believe anything they're told; the prudent sift and weigh every word."

I read recently that the inventors of the television and amplified sound both died broke. They trusted those they introduced there technology to, only to find that their knowledge had been stolen without any significant rewards for their hard labor. People promised them much, but did not honor their commitments. So, this verse cautions us not to be gullible. Test every word and verify.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: