The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Monday, February 9, 2009

2.8.09 Private Jet, Proverbs 8


"Prefer my life-disciplines over chasing after money, and God-knowledge over a lucrative career."

Proverbs 8:10


I remember gettting updgraded to First Class on Continental Airlines in 1988. I was traveling back to Texas from my base in California while serving in the U.S. Marines. My friend McKenna was a stewardess to my surprise and came to my "coach" seat and told me "Mr. Valadez, there appears to have been a mistake in your seating arrangments, you have reservations in First Class." I was really surprised and enjoyed the comforts of the leather chairs and the champagne and VIP treatment on the 3 hour flight back to Texas. What a dream.

As an entrepreneur, I am working hard so that one day, my family can have some of the comforts that come with success. However, as we go on this journey, I am seeking out the balance that God would call me to live as we plan to share our treasure, talents, and our time. How much is too extravagant?

I'd love to have a private jet for my family and friends to travel on business or leisure, but in today's economy and questions of service to the Kingdom, would that be too much? God grants wisdom in such matters and since I don't have that problem now, I won't worry about it too much.


"Rich Young Ruler" movie scene "Jesus of Nazareth"

Proverbs 8:18 - "Wealth and Glory accompany me—also substantial Honor and a Good Name."

If you are a follower of Christ, you are an heir to the Kingdom. Your wealth has been established, although on this earth you may be poor in terms of material possessions. As a child of God, we should approach life as kings and queens and seek wisdom that will only increase our wealth in the heavenly and natural world. Why does God make his people wealthy? He obviously has no problem doing so. However, when we have made our wealth our God, then he does have a problem with that. He knows our heart and the "one thing" that keeps us from being totally sold out for him.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: