The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hard Time, Proverbs 11


"A good person is saved from much trouble; a bad person runs straight into it."

Proverbs 11:8


God keeps us out of trouble. He knows our limits. However, some people do wind up in the snare. I can personally count the narrow misses myself, yet God protected me. "There but by the grace of God go I" has been murmured by many a Christian follower. We know we have been spared and God is using us for other purposes.

One of my neighbors is doing 4 years in prison. I walked by his house today and said a prayer for him. He has been in jail now going on several months (a huge contrast from his nice home and lush meticulously kept yard). I thanked God for sparing me his fate.

He had invited me to join the local Municipal District Board and I declined (althought I was curious). The board was later investigated for fraud and two of the members were exposed in the media all over the city. I later told my wife, I am so glad I never got on the board and around the bad company. I am sure they thought their indescretions were minor at first and then it became rampant and blatant to the tune of $100,000 taken from the neighborhood. The guys offered to pay it back, but it was too late. I feel sorry for the them, but they got justice.


"Former Prisoner Testimony"

Proverbs 11:27 - "The one who seeks good finds delight; the student of evil becomes evil."

What I love about God is that he takes all comers. If you are sincere and really want to change your life and pledge your allegiance to him, he will take you in and change your life. Many play a game and want to make the decision when it may be too late. The narrow path really is an exciting path, full of mystery, hope, desire, love, and adventure. We walk by faith and not by sight and that makes all of the difference.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: