The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Monday, February 9, 2009

2.7.09 Making Love, Proverbs 7


"Come, let's make love all night, spend the night in ecstatic lovemaking!"

Proverbs 7:19


Ah! Got your attention. Proverbs 7 warns of the seductress. She's sweet, young, smells good, and beautiful. One indescretion shouldn't matter, many say. But, that makes all of the difference.

My young daughter asked me, "Daddy what is lust?" We were watching the movie "Fireproof." A father was explaining God's standards compared to ours to his son, who was battling for his marriage. My daughter was geniunely curious about the question.

We've made no subject off limits with our young curious daughters; however, we don't give them too many details, only what is appropriate for their age. I told my daughter that "lust is looking at another who is not your wife or husband in way that you 'want them' or does not honor God." Lust is the same as adultery by God's standards.

If God's standards are so high, do we just blow them off? Or do we seek to understand his decrees and commands, so that we might live forever.


"A Recording from Hell" on Tangle (formerly GodTube)

Proverbs 7:27 - "She runs a halfway house to hell, fits you out with a shroud and a coffin."

After hearing the 19 second from hell from this video, I have to admit that I am and was concerned about my family, loved ones, and my friends. If this place is real (which I believe it is), I surely don't want anyone to be there, but sadly there will be many there who wished they had made a decision to follow Christ. Compared to eternity in hell, obedience on earth to God is a far better a price to pay.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: