The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Proverbs 1: The Simple Life


". . . for giving prudence to the simple, . . "

Proverbs 1:4



Do you have a simple life? Life used to be so simple it seems. When I was a child, I enjoyed the freedom to do what I wanted. I had a great home, plenty of food, clean clothes, my friends, and my trusty bike that could get me anywhere I wanted to go. In those days, parents let their children out of the house for long periods of time.

My friends and I would plan our day outdoors jumping ramps, hunting in the woods, crawdad fishing, playing football or baseball, or even playing the kissing game with the pretty girls in our neighborhood.

We all have our childhood memories - some good and some bad. In reality, life wasn't that simple. My parents had to provide that carefree environment for my sister and I, many times my dad worked two jobs (thus the alone time). My wife and I try to provide a sanctuary and nurishing environment for our children. They live a more complicated life than we did as a children.

Technological advances promise to make our lives much easierer, which it does. At the same time, it seems that life is full of twists and turns and complexities. How do you deal with the many uncertainties of our age?


"You are holy" - Michael W. Smith

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools [a] despise wisdom and discipline."

Proverbs 1:7


Are you a fearful person? Courage is not the absence of fear. I am often curious about what it means to fear the Lord. What does it mean to fear him? I believe we can get to a place of total awe, fear and trembling, and respect for the almighty. Much like the Jews who heard his thunderous spirit on Mount Sinai in the old testament bible. How do we get to that place in our spirit where we hear God, we respect and honor him, and we receive the knowledge and wisdom he desires to share with us in these times.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: