The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Friday, September 11, 2009

One-Year on the Journey, Proverbs 11


"Count on this: The wicked won't get off scot-free, and God's loyal people will triumph."
- Proverbs 11:21


I started the Proverbs Journey a year ago tomorrow. I had read a book "The Richest Man Who Ever Lived" by Steven Kay Scott and decided to pursue my own journey. Over the year, God has shown me a lot about my life that has been in error. It has been a difficult walk. There have been moments where I just laid out flat on the floor asking him for greater wisdom and discernment, realizing that we are never truly wise. Yet, we are called to walk in wisdom that comes from him. I started this blog to encourage others to do the same. We are living in incredible times and our walk may seem right to our own understanding, but we may indeed be way off course.



"If good people barely make it, what's in store for the bad!"
- Proverbs 11:31


Today I heard my neighbor start a quarrel. He is blind and felt that the other neighbor had been ignoring him. It started off as a basic question "Have I done something wrong to you and your husband?" Well that led to an argument with the offending neighbor. I walked away, I knew where this was heading and it got worse. I came home to pray for him. We have a culture of "wronged" people, we seem to be looking for an excuse, any excuse to start a quarrel. I have been guilty of this too. Sometimes I do love a great argument or should I say debate, but often it is a waste of time, so why do it?



On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: