The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2.1.09 In the Battle, Proverbs 1


"Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning."

Proverbs 1:7

You may never have to fight for your faith, but you might. When you are in the battle zone (spirituall or physically), your faith means everything. There is a saying in the military "In a firefight, there are no atheists." Their is saying among Christians, "You are strongest when you are on your knees." Meaning that God is ready to accept your petitions, hear your prayers, and is ready to dispatch his power on your behalf.


"More Love, More Power" (awesome song)

Proverbs 1:24 - "Look, I'm ready to pour out my spirit on you; I'm ready to tell you all I know. As it is, I've called, but you've turned a deaf ear; I've reached out to you, but you've ignored me."

I have been guilty of ignoring God. I've gone many years not attending church, gone to church, but didn't read my bible or pray as often as I should have. In these times, as a parent and husband and servant, I find that I must hear from God daily. I must make time for him through out the day. He has to impress upon me the things I cannot give, but through him I am able to perform all tasks he requires. I don't feel alone in the battle, but prepared to face the enemy and encourage others along the way. Lock and load.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: