The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Sunday, February 1, 2009

1.30.09 Bath Time, Proverbs 30


"Don't imagine yourself to be quite presentable when you haven't had a bath in weeks."

Proverbs 30:12


Good hygiene is great advice and good for your health. Nothing like a fresh shower or bath, hair combed, fresh breath, a dab of deoderant, a clean shave, and a splash of cologne. We are at our best when we feel our best.

Fortunately, our God will take us as we are, but we must still be mindful that if we haven't talked to him in a while, we may need to ask him to wash our sin before we enter his presence. I remember a pastor telling the congregation, that when we pray we should come to him thanking and praising him, then we should ask him to wash away our sin and forgive us of our sins, and then approach him into the throne where we lay our petitions and seek his voice. You don't want to bust into God's presence without some kind of protocol that prepares you to receive more of him. Our lives don't have to be perfect to approach him. Fortunately, our God takes all comers in repentance.


"He Made a Difference"

Proverbs 30:13 - "Don't be stuck-up and think you're better than everyone else."

I don't know many "stuck-up" people personally, but I have run into business people who are very ego driven. When we think we are better than others, we lay a trap for ourselves. When I graduated from college and got my first job, I felt like I had to adjust or create this new persona. In reality, I fought this tendency the whole way, but it would creep up. Fortunately, I realized quickly that I was the same guy and was just blessed to be in a new realm and that being cordial with people, I would discover value in each person no matter their position. In fact, I have been very surprised by the power and influence of people in "low positions" and never try to make judgments about people and their capabilities. That focus has opened more doors for my interests over and over again. It is great to meet a CEO or an influential person who is very approachable. They forgive mistakes, are gracious, welcome dialogue, and treat everyone with respect. How do you treat people?

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: Andy@TeamMarketingDynamics.com

No comments: