The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seeing the Future, Proverbs 28


"When the country is in chaos, everybody has a plan to fix it— But it takes a leader of real understanding to straighten things out."

Proverbs 28:2

Can you see the future? A lot of consultants and economists trying to predict the economy nationally and globally. Many seem to be leaning towards more government control. Even Google CEO is telling us to trust the government! Yikes, we are in trouble.

I don't know if Obama is the man or not. I must admit I am one of the 58M who didn't vote for him and still have my doubts. I hope he succeeds in keeping our nation safe and gets our economy humming. I think the answer should come from the private sector, not the corporate conglomerates and bloated governmental institutions, but the mom and pop businesses and those on an accelerated trajectory path who are raising capital and hiring skills and talents in demand. People need to be encouraged to start their own business. We all have the seeds of greatness, but few are offering that route to the populace at large.

If we are going to reward those who pay no taxes and those who aren't creating jobs, I think we are going to be in a tight fix. Of course, I don't want to predict anything.


"Less Talk, More Do!" Tom Peters (one of my favorite leadership consultants)


"People In China Are Starving For Your Job" by Tom Peters

Proverbs 28:12 - "When good people are promoted, everything is great, but when the bad are in charge, watch out!"

Ever had a bad boss? I have. In fact, I started my company in 1999 to be my own boss and I am tougher on myself than any I have ever had. I work longer hours, I push myself to do more, and my clients expect no less. What did I get myself into?

Well, compared to the instances of serving under a politically calculating boss, a thankless task master, or someone that just lacks professionalism, I am in heaven. I know many people who are frustrated, hate their job, and wish they were doing something else. Sadly, many of us rarely get to utilize all of our talents and skills and feel like we are wasting away. Ask God for a vision. Let him plant a seed in your heart and believe him for an opportunity. You do have a bright future, if you are looking for it.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

1 comment:

Gideon James said...

I really like this post and you are so right. It is a difficult time we are in and we need to go back to the basics where businesses and commerce was privately owned. Have we not learned that absolute power corrupts absolutely? That is what we are seeing with corporate America. What bugs me is our government giving them more of our money