The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.18.09 Crushed, Proverbs 18


"A healthy spirit conquers adversity, but what can you do when the spirit is crushed?"

Proverbs 18:14

Have you ever been crushed? I have, many times. In those moments, I have found God there to carry me through.

I remember losing an opportunity in the United States Marine Corps. I had been selected for an Officer program that I had worked hard to get. I had my heart on training to fly the attack helicopter, The AH-1W Super Cobra.

I remember when I first heard the sound of the Cobra on Camp Pendelton in 1988 (it was loud) and I was impressed with all of the battle gear and technology that came with it. This was my dream and my wife and I were looking forward to the "Officer and Gentleman" moments that would materialize in our lives (after 3 years of hard work to get accepted into this program). Sadly, I was notified that 6 of us had been cut from the prestigious opportunity, before we even had a chance to become officers. I was crushed and I was even more saddened to have to tell my wife the bad news. In all honesty, I thought she would leave me. Have you ever been so crushed, that you thought your life was basically over? God has a plan.

Shortly after getting the bad news, we went to war and have been at war ever since. So, I look at my life now and I wonder if things worked out for the best afterall. I have a great family and wonderful opportunities to do more for the Kingdom on the front lines.


"Hope Lifts"

Proverbs 18:15 - "Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights."

Do you love to learn? I love to read books, watch movies (from a Market research point of view), and keep up to date on what is happening in our world in all forms of media (i.e., print, radio, TV, social media, etc.). I especially enjoy working with children who have a zest for life. Fortunately, most of us never lose our child-like qualities.

A friend of mine who has a client that has built a chain of successful restaurants. He claims that he, got many of his ideas from his children. As a result, many people now have nice places to take their family. Ideas are very valuable to me. I have found that an idea is worth $10 or $10M, depending on the eye and the mind of the beholder.

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: