The Way of the Locust

" . . . locust have no king, yet they advance together in ranks . . ."

Proverbs 30:27

Saturday, January 24, 2009

1.23.09 The Shudder, Proverbs 23


"Dear child, if you become wise, I'll be one happy parent. My heart will dance and sing to the tuneful truth you'll speak."

Proverbs 23:15-16

"The Zulu Dolls" (Jamming to Life)

Are you a nervous parent? I am. I mean I love being a dad and I hope I am preparing my children well for the future. You never really know how they will turn out. The training we give them is something we hope they keep (we should pray over our children daily). Sadly, I do know of parents who have lost their children early and it breaks my heart to think about those instances.

We almost lost our oldest due to choking. My wife was changing our new born Kayla on the changing table, Kayla was under a year old then. My wife did not realize that Kayla was chewing on a rice chex and as she laid back, it fell into the back of her throat and blocked her air way. My wife came to my home office screaming for me to help her. I thought it was something minor and it was something I could fix with a few pats on the back. What I tried didn't work.

I had to run down to my neighbor's house who was a trained EMT. He was hardly ever home (he worked two jubs to support his family). As I ran to his house, my daughter Kayla went limp on me several times and was turning blue. As I tried to help her, all I could do was say "Jesus help me." Fortunately, my neighbor was home and the door to his home was wide open. I rushed into his house without knocking and he knew exactly what to do and saved her life. I shudder thinking about it now, but God intervened on our behalf. Now, you know why I am still a nervous parent. God is good.


"Angel's Singing" by Kayla Valadez (a song she wrote)

Proverbs 23:22-25 - "Listen with respect to the father who raised you, and when your mother grows old, don't neglect her. Buy truth—don't sell it for love or money; buy wisdom, buy education, buy insight. Parents rejoice when their children turn out well; wise children become proud parents. So make your father happy! Make your mother proud!"

Are you a good parent? I bet you are. Our children are a blessing and if they turn out good, we have a lot of celebrating to do. God bless you and your family!

On Mission, On Assignment, and in the ZONE!

Andy Valadez
e-mail: andy@marketingdynamics.org

No comments: